Semolina(Rava/Sooji/UpmaRava Coarse) - 3 cups
Grated coconut – 1.5 cup
Ghee - 3/4 cup ( I used much less than this but tastes good with ghee)
Sugar - 2 1/4cups
Milk - 1/4 cup
Cashews(cut into small pieces) – 20
Raisins(Onakka munthiri) - 20
Cardamom(Elakkayi; powdered finely) – 7 nos
Cloves(Lavangalu; powdered finely) - 4 nos (if you like the taste of it)
1) Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a nonstick pan and fry rava until light brown. Let it cool.
2) Fry cashews and raisins separately in ghee and keep them aside.
3) If you wish you can powder rava and sugar in a mixie for very soft laddu. But it’s not required.
4) Add dry coconut powder, sugar, cashews, raisins, powdered Cardamom, powdered cloves to rava. Mix them well.
5) Sprinkle milk over the mix. Do not add too much milk.Make small balls by pouring ghee slowly. The balls will become firm when kept for 15 min.