పవన్ అశ్విని
సోల్స్ ఎక్సపరిమెంటింగ్ లయఫ్! ™
Monday, January 30, 2006
  Who the hell is a Business Analyst?
Few months ago, when I had too much force from all sides, I wanted to look for a job. All I had in my mind, the kind of a job that I should look for after I did my MBA is a "functional" consultant. But few discouraged me that a fresh graduate with 4 yrs of "previous" software experience cannot directly jump into functional consultant role and that it is a position that you grow inside a company. When I started looking around for a more appropriate "position" that I can apply for with my MBA, I see this "Business Analyst" position advertisements all over those "career" websites. I thought, even before thinking that I should apply for this position, I need to know what it means, though Business matches with "B" in my MBA. And I kept asking people, experts, googling and everything possible. Believe me, none of them match in their responses and nor are they clear in what they are trying to say. All I get is Maybe's. Did research for about a month on what a "Business Analyst" is all about and then finally decided that "I need some break for myself, let me look for a job when I really need it, maybe after an year." Somebody sent me this link recently.... "an article on Sidewalk: Who owns Business Analysts?"
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free Web Counter
Pavan Ashwini
My Photo
Name:
Records
November 2004 / August 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / November 2008 /


Google
MapQuest
Address/Intersection:
City:
State:ZIP Code:

Powered by Blogger